Laser dentistry: A new age of oral care in NewnanLaser technology has become part of everyday life in our culture, from your wireless computer mouse to the machine that plays your DVDs or scans bar codes on groceries. Laser eye surgery is common, but many people are not yet aware of the benefits of laser dentistry. Newnan dentist, Dr. Shrenna Clifton, is committed to providing the highest level of care with the most comfortable techniques available. WaterLase® is an excellent example.
How WaterLase worksA laser is simply a concentrated beam of light in a specific wavelength. WaterLase combines laser energy with atomized water to precisely treat hard and soft tissues. Laser treatment eliminates many of elements of dental care that patients (of all ages) find stressful – drill noise, vibration, heat, and scent.
When is WaterLase used?Hydrokinetic technology is extremely versatile. Dr. Clifton uses WaterLase for:
- Removal of decayed tooth structure and preparation for a filling.
- Any procedure in which reduction or shaping of enamel, dentin, or bone is necessary, such as preparation for a dental crown.
- Root canal therapy.
- Cosmetic gum reshaping and lift.
- Other soft tissue procedures, including gentle therapy to get gum disease under control and deep clean pockets.
Advantages of laser dentistry
- No needles – there is typically no need for anesthesia.
- Minimal bleeding and swelling.
- Treatment area is sterilized, reducing risk of bacteria and infection.
- Less healthy tooth structure is removed.
- No damage to adjacent teeth.
- Filling material bonds more strongly.
- Efficient – usually fewer visits are needed.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Safe – FDA cleared for pediatric and adult patients.
For the least invasive, most predictable dental procedures, trust Dr. Clifton and her team at Smiles for the Family. Laser dentistry in Newnan is the anxiety-free path to a healthy mouth and gorgeous smile.
New patients are welcome – call (770) 285-1244 to schedule an appointment for yourself, or for the whole family.
We are happy to answer your questions and schedule you for your consultation.Call (770) 285-1244 today.
Smiles for the familyRating : 5
Phil in Peachtree City I went to see them for the first time today and had a wonderful experience! I am so happy I found such a great place. The staff are friendly and easy to talk with, the building is nice and clean and they did great work on my teeth. I will not be going anywhere else and neither will my small tribe haha. Strongly
recommend this place!